1 large Japanese eggplant, sliced lengthwise
1 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise
2-3 medium sized tomatoes, sliced
1-2 large carrots, sliced lengthwise
2 yellow bell peppers, cut in 4 parts
Salt + pepper to season vegetables
Olive oil to brush vegetables and Staub pie dish
Smoky Bell Pepper sauce (see recipe below)
chopped spring onions
chopped fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease your Staub dish with olive oil
2. Brush the sliced veggies with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
3. Stack vegetable slices in alternating patterns and place them on their side, leaning against the edge of the pan. Repeat until you filled your Staub dish.
4. Bake for about an hour, until the vegetables are tender and slightly golden brown.
5. While the vegetables are roasting in the oven, prepare Bell-Pepper sauce (see recipe below)
6. Once cooked, drizzle over a generous amount of the smoky Bell-pepper sauce and garnish with freshly chopped basil and spring onions.
7. Bon Appétit!
Smoky Bell Pepper Sauce
2 red or yellow bell pepper
1-2 gloves of garlic
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
sea salt and pepper to taste
smoked paprika to taste
water to reach desired consistency
Optional: dried herbs and 1 Tbsp of hemps seeds for creaminess
1. Cut bell peppers in large pieces, toss in olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven until slightly golden brown (about 20 min)
2. Place the roasted bell peppers with the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth