1 (2-3 pounds) spaghetti squash
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 cup of frozen green peas
2 medium sized carrots, cut in small cubes
1 medium onion, finely chopped
½ cup of freshly chopped parsley or basil (dried herbs work too, just use less)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place squash, cut-side down onto a baking dish. Roast until tender, about 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scrape the flesh with a fork to create long strands.
- Transfer the flesh to a bowl, add the remaining veggies, chopped herbs and season to taste.
- Place the squash-veggie mixture into a pie dish and top it with sliced heirloom tomatoes.
- Season tomatoes with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake the dish until tomatoes turn golden and their skins get wrinkled for about 20-30 minutes.
- Bon Appétit!